Man injured in Dublin after an explosion at a house
A man has been taken to hospital with serious burn injuries after an explosion at a house in Dublin.
The 58-year-old man was rescued from the house by fire personnel and was brought to the Mater Hospital.
Gardaí, emergency services and a number of units of Dublin fire brigade are still at the scene on Sullivan Street in the Arbour Hill area.
The house was extensively damaged in the explosion, which it is thought could be related to a gas leak.
Residents have been evacuated from a number of other neighbouring houses.
The adjacent Infirmary Road is now closed to facilitate the operation.
RTÉ LIVE PLAYER