Boy dies after being trapped in lift shaft

//Boy dies after being trapped in lift shaft

Boy dies after being trapped in lift shaft

Monday 13 January 2014 17.05

Emergency services were called to the Hynes Building on Augustine Street Emergency services were called to the Hynes Building on Augustine Street

A three-year-old boy has died following an incident in a lift in Galway city centre this afternoon.

Gardaí said his death was a tragic accident and the incident is not being treated as suspicious. 

Emergency services were called to the Hynes Building on Augustine Street shortly after 3pm.

It is understood the boy was trapped alone in the lift. 

Fire service personnel and members of the ambulance service attended the scene.

The boy’s remains were taken from the scene a short time ago. 

The building has been closed off, pending a technical examination.

TOP STORIES

FULL NEWS INDEX

RTÉ LIVE PLAYER

VIEW FULL SCHEDULE


RTÉ News – News Headlines

By | 2014-01-13T23:29:50+00:00 January 13th, 2014|Headlines|0 Comments